Network Telecom, Shropshire’s leading business telecoms and IT provider, is recruiting for an IT support Engineer.
The successful candidate will be at the forefront for IT related installations and technical support. You may be required to attend site on a regular basis, as well as providing internal based support for our existing infrastructure as well as all customers with support contracts. As a Microsoft Certified Partner, you will be expected to have a broad knowledge of their existing products and simple deployments. This will be enhanced with in-house and external training as you progress through your career.
The role will require you to provide a single point of contact for our customers to report IT and Connectivity faults to Network Telecom. The IT Team provides support across the entire client base whilst delivering an excellent customer service experience. The role is a key position within the organisation and will be instrumental in building customer relationships, delivery of services and customer retention.
- Delivery of a world class customer service experience
- End to end incident management throughout the incident lifestyle
- Supplier management
- Create and submit knowledge articles to increase 1st time fix rates
- Maintain and update IT processes and procedures
- Ensure faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted service level
- Pro-actively monitoring customer networks via Network Telecom internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Maintaining and updating the fault management systems throughout the Incident lifecycle
- Feedback on system and process implementation
- Complete low-level change requests
- Provide customers with a key contact during the incident lifecycle.
- Previous work experience within a busy Service Desk environment, supporting IT and Broadband/Leased Lines
- A good understanding of Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Solid experience troubleshooting 1st line issues with ability to jump into 2nd line if required
- Excellent phone manner and technique
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working high-pressure environments and dealing with pressurised situations
- A sound understanding of e-mail flow and transport.
- Experience supporting Office365 applications and managing tenants
- Good understanding of helpdesk or customer service environments
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, WLR and Broadband
- Enthusiastic, energetic & self-motivated
- Great communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience configuring and installing Routers & Firewalls
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows Server and basic understanding of RAID
- Experience using remote access software like Remote Desktop, Teamviewer, AVG
- A good understanding of VLAN, Subnets & NAT Routing.
- A full UK Driving License
Why work for Network Telecom?
Network Telecom is one of the UK’s leading independent telecommunication providers specialising in business telephony solutions including; business phone systems, IT services, business mobiles and business broadband.
- Competitive salary
- Pensions and healthcare scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Free parking