Hosted VoIP for Business
An affordable and flexible business phone system, particularly ideal for small to medium organisations.
What is VoIP?
Hosted ‘Voice over Internet Protocol’ (VoIP), in the form of hosted cloud or hosted ‘Private Branch Exchange’ (PBX) systems has all the features of a traditional business phone system, but with significant cost savings and a higher level of flexibility. A great option for small to medium sized businesses, Hosted VoIP can be extremely cost effective to install, with more affordable phone bills and call costs than those of a traditional business telephone system.
How does VoIP work?
VoIP takes your audio recording and turns it into digital signals before using your broadband connection to send those as data. At the other end, the data is transferred back into audio for the person on the other end of the ‘line’. The process is the same as that of a normal telephone line, except that the conversation takes place over the internet. All exchanges are completely secure as our hosted phone platform is a closed, data-encrypted system. Therefore, only authorised users will be able to access it.
What are the Benefits of a Hosted VoIP Phone System?
- Cost effective: no ISDN phone lines, expensive hardware, specialised engineers or on-site PBX systems required means a significant decrease in cost, as all calls will take place over the internet. Local calls will typically see a 90% reduction in cost, with international calls seeing a saving of 40%.
- Free or reduced calls: whether you’re in the office, at home or abroad, the cost of your calls will be included in your monthly broadband subscription. VoIP to VoIP calls are cheaper and free between sites., locally and internationally.
- Smartphone accessible: With our VoIP smartphone app NT Cloud, you can seamlessly move calls from one phone to another, without having to hang up. You’ll also be able to access your office directory and make and receive calls from your mobile device. Alternatively, you can use VoIP through your contract with us.
- Easy administration: Via the web-based smartphone app NT Cloud portal, Administrators can easily configure the system to adhere to the requirements of your business. Your employees will also be able to access valuable information including call history, voicemail and recorded calls.
- Accessibility: available via your laptop, iPad, tablet and PC, a VoIP system ensures you never miss a call, regardless of the device you’re working from. A hosted phone system can also help to streamline the work environment, by linking to other applications, such as CRM systems.
- HD voice quality: experience crisp, clear conversations with high definition quality as good as or even better than your current business telephone system.
- A combination of traditional and additional features: with all the same functionality as a standard business phone system, including voicemail, messaging, conference calling and call recording, VoIP also incorporates additional features such as the ability to make and receive simultaneous calls, hold conference calls with an unlimited amount of people and extra telephone numbers.
- Expansive: as your organisation grows, so can your business phone system. All you need is additional extensions and handsets.
- Call Routing: all your incoming calls will be transferred to the location and device of your choice, before going to voicemail. Whether you’re working from home, off-site, in the office or travelling between locations, your number will follow you everywhere and be routed through to you, seamlessly.
- Virtual numbers: Managing calls from clients couldn’t be simpler, with the option to have a local number assigned to the area code of your choice. When anyone using that number calls you, it will be automatically transferred to your phone, regardless of where in the world that may be.
- Disaster preparation: unforeseen issues can always occur, but as long as you have access to the internet, call routing can be set up with just the click of button, meaning your business will stay in business, regardless of whatever problems may arise.
- Minimal hardware required: The only hardware you’ll need in the office is a router, cabling, managed Network Telecom connectivity and a choice of HD quality handsets. Any repair work or upgrades will be done over the internet, thus eliminating any potential risk of having maintenance workers on site.
What do you need for a Hosted VoIP Phone System?
You need to ensure you have a high speed internet connection. While this may cost extra, the reduced cost of calls is likely to more than offset any investment.
- Fully hosted solution
- No upfront cost
- Line rental reduction
- Free internal calls & lower phone bills
- No hardware – Handsets only
- Scalable – Add users as required
- Great for remote working
- Integrate fixed and mobile voice
- Pick up calls across multiple devices
- Built-in Disaster Recovery
- Web Portal access
- HD voice quality & call recording
- 24/7 monitoring of your system
- High quality voice calls
- Free site to site calls
- Cheaper call costs
- Reduce line rental
We understand that a cloud-based phone system can still be a confusing concept for some.
It’s in the cloud so what is actually installed?
Our hosted telephone systems are hosted across highly secure and resilient UK data centres. The only hardware at your office is a managed router, cabling, managed Network Telecom connectivity and a choice of HD quality handsets.
Can I use my PC & hosted phone at the same time?
Absolutely. In fact, a hosted phone system streamlines the work environment, helping you and your team multi-task. It can link with other applications like CRM systems. You can speak and simultaneously access other applications to transfer images, video and text documents.
Can a hosted phone system really save my business money?
Yes. It not only cuts your regular phone bill by slashing call charges – especially with free internal site-to-site calls – but it also saves you investing thousands to buy, install and maintain complex phone system hardware.
How secure are calls that are made?
Your security and data are of the utmost importance to us. Our hosted phone platform is a closed, data encrypted system. Therefore only users you authorise will be able to access it.
What do I need to make calls over the internet?
A broadband connection and an IP phone handset or softphone application installed on a PC or mobile device. Using a softphone solution also requires a headset that you can plug into your PC.
How does NT Cloud integrate my fixed and mobile devices?
NT Cloud conveniently integrates your fixed and mobile capabilities so that you never miss a call. Callers can dial one number to reach your desk phone and mobile phone simultaneously; you can move ongoing calls seamlessly from one phone to another without hanging up and both phones share a single voicemail box.